Venue: Qld Bioscience Precinct (building 80), The University of Queensland, St Lucia.
2018 Ancient History Day: A Portrait Of Lesser Known Women Of The Ancient World
The Friends of Antiquity, in conjunction with The Discipline of Classics and Ancient History (School of Historical and Philosophical Inquiry, UQ), present the 24th Annual Ancient History Day.
Presentations of 45 minutes each by:
- Emeritus Prof. Trevor Bryce 'Lesser Known Women of the Ancient Near East'
- Dr Serena Love 'Queen Nefertari of the 19th Dynasty'
- Dr Dorothy Watts AM 'Power and Passion: Some women of the Ancient Persian Court'
- Dr Janette McWilliam 'Celebrating the Lives of Non-Imperial Roman Women'
- Emeritus Prof. Bob Milns AM 'Sappho and Erinna: Poetesses in a Male Society'
- Dr Amelia R. Brown 'Empress Theodora: From Roman Actress to Christian Saint'
Please Note: A detailed program will be available for collection at the registration desks on Ancient History Day.
Ancient History Day 2017 Registration Form
Advance payment recommended but may be made on the day. Plenty of seating available. PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR REGISTRATION BY 15 MARCH:
$50; $15 each for students with ID; $40 each for FoA/AFUQ members. Cost includes morning tea.
- 8:00–9:00: REGISTRATION - Foyer of Auditorium (Room 2171, Building 80)
- 9:00–9:15: CHAIR: Dr Dorothy Watts; WELCOME & INTRODUCTORY TALK: Head, School of Historical and Philosophical Inquiry (formerly HPRC)
- 10:45–11:15: MORNING TEA – Please note that food and drinks are not permitted in the theatre
- 12:45–2:15: LUNCH - Food outlets on campus will be listed on signs in the foyer
Food is available at some campus outlets, or at St Lucia village, or BYO.
Parking at UQ is free on weekends (more information: www.pf.uq.edu.au/parking). The R D Milns Antiquities Museum is open at lunch break. There will be foyer displays and sales, including secondhand books (AFUQ) and Museum souvenirs. Visit the Co-op Bookshop for new book sales. Teachers only CPD certificate orders may be placed on the day ($15 per certificate, postage included).
Friends of Antiquity (firstname.lastname@example.org); R D Milns Antiquities Museum (www.uq.edu.au/antiquities); Alumni Friends of UQ Inc (07) 3365 1562; School of HAPI (07) 3365 2620.